Announcing the Energizing All Science Educators (EASE) Conference: Creating and supporting connections amongst Michigan teachers
The Detroit Metropolitan Area Physics Teachers (DMAPT) will hold its Inaugural Conference – EASE (Energizing All Science Educators) – on Saturday, April 22, 2017.
The intention of the conference is to bring together science teachers from elementary, middle and high schools, from all sciences, for the following purposes:
- To attend presentations on the important concept of Energy and its place in the K-12 arc. Separate presentations will focus on presenting the concept in elementary, middle and high school classes
- To engage in follow-up, break-out sessions/discussions aimed at integrating those State of Michigan science standards with a focus on energy at the classroom level
- To have an Open Discussion regarding Creating and Supporting Connections among Michigan Science Teachers:
- Discuss Energy as a cross-cutting relationship across science disciplines
- Explore how organizations like the DMAPT and (faculty at) institutions of higher education (community colleges, four-year colleges and universities) can help serve the needs of K-12 science teachers
- Discuss the possibility of establishing electronic links between teachers in various districts and higher education faculty through webinars, etc., in an effort to reach as many districts/teachers, as possible, across the state
Box Lunches will be availble for $10 (pay the morning of the event). You will also have some time to run out and pick something up, or you can bring your own lunch. Please follow the link below to register.
The Detroit Metropolitan Area Physics Teachers (DMAPT) has been meeting for more than 50 years. We try to meet several times every school year.
Our meetings typically consist of teachers sharing labs, demonstrations, and other lessons they use with their classes. Traditionally, meetings start at 5:30 pm on a weekday evening with pizza and other refreshments. We try to start talking physics education at 6:00. We ask for $5 to help pay for dinner. Dues are a modest $10/year.
Enter your email below to be added to our email list: (Note, it actually does work even though it doesn't appear to. You will get a confirmation email)
- MIAAPT Spring Meeting - Lawrence Technological University - April 8th
- EASE Conference - Wayne State Farmington Hills Campus - April 22nd
- AAPT National Summer Meeting, July 22-26 (Cincinnati, Ohio)